“The Miracle isn’t that I Finished, The Miracle is that I had the Courage to Start”

Monday, August 29, 2011

My Fitness Pal

I have been back in the loop of running now for the past 2 weeks. Yea Me!  I really dont want to bore you with all the details of coming back from an injury because it really seems kind of depressing and I sure dont want to go back there.  And I do want you all to stick around and not think I am a downer.  We are positive bloggers here.

I can tell you that my runs however SLOW they are, have been great.  I have been able to run 3 days a week with 3 days of cross training.  So far So good!  

I am not sure if you all know, but I will be running/walking the Denver Half Marathon on September 11th with 3 of my girlfriends.  Because of the injury situation.. I have not been able to train the way I would of liked.  So I am just going to listen to my body and enjoy the run and scenery.  This run is a partial trail run and I have never ran on trails so this should be interesting.

I have also put on 8 pounds since the injury.  Which really does not help me since I still had 10 pounds to get to my ideal race weight.  How the heck does that happen.  I was on crutches for 3 weeks.  I was burning calories like you can not believe.  If you haven't been on crutches, try it out for a few days.  You will be sweating like a pig, and your arms will look awesome.  So I have been working on getting the weight off. 

Have you ever heard of my fitness pal?

It is a really cool website that helps you track your food and exercise.  Sign me up baby!  The website tells you how many calories you can have in day, as long as you enter in your food and exercise you are good.  It is also available in an app for the iphone or droid.  I can tell you that I am making better food choices since I have to input it in the computer.  You can also scan barcodes, how awesome is that.  I am loving it so far.  

How do you track calories in calories out?

Its good to be back bloggers...

If you are going to Run, Run Half Crazy

4 comments:

Jim ... 50after40 said...

I heard of that program on Satellite radio I think - it sounds cool and like it would be a good guide!

ashley said...

i love my fitness pal!!! i use the iphone app version.. i like it way better than the website. but yea, love love love this app.

GISrunner said...

I will definitely check out the droid app. Thanks for the recommendation! So glad to hear that you're running again!

Jen said...

I'm really hoping you're doing o.k. on the injury front. That's no fun. And I hope your half went well!