“The Miracle isn’t that I Finished, The Miracle is that I had the Courage to Start”

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Tough Road

Hello to all my fellow Runners! 


It has been a tough road these last 12 weeks, I am sorry I have been missing from the blog world.  My big girl job has been overwhelming this summer.  This is the busiest we have ever been in a while.  Job security, I guess.  Although I was hoping to become a professional runner at some point in my life.  hahaha  On top of being injured and I really have had nothing to talk about.  Surprising I know!

So here is the low down!  I am officially out of the cast, off crutches and cleared to cross train for 2 weeks.  I am allowed to walk outside or on the mill for 15 minutes, spin for 15 minutes and hop on the elliptical for 15 minutes 3 days a week.  I can also swim, which I will take advantage of because I can do that daily.  And of course, lots and lots of stretching. 

After 2 weeks I can mix it up a little and throw in some light running.  And by light, I mean short little jogs of 4 minutes for a total of a 20 minute workout.  Hey it's a start right?  I will have to monitor my foot at all times and listen to it.  I didn't really know feet could talk, but mine do every now and then. 

Getting back into the swing of things is going to be tough.  I haven't really enjoyed becoming a couch potato, well maybe I have a little,  but my body is going to rebel I can already feel it. 

Why is it so easy to get comfortable doing nothing?

I hope you all have been having fantastic runs/races this summer....

It may take me a while but I am looking foward to catching up on all your blogs!

If you are going to run Run Half Crazy!




2 comments:

Jen @ Run for Anna said...

Welcome back! Hope your reentry into training goes well and you are back to running soon!!

Cat B. said...

Glad to see you posting again. Hope you swimming goes well and you are back on your feet soon!