“The Miracle isn’t that I Finished, The Miracle is that I had the Courage to Start”

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

1st Run of 2011

I have had really good intentions this week and I even set my alarm clock for 5 am Monday.  I love early morning runs and I couldn't wait to try-out my new Night Beams Running Hat that I bought in Vegas.  How cool was I going to look running down the street with a light on my hat.  I imagined all the other runners that I may or may not see wanting my hat. The alarm went off and I looked at the temperature outside, 15 degrees. Well, needless to say I crawled back under the warm covers and told myself, "I will run after work."  My 2nd born showed up unexpectedly and there went my run. Ugh!  Happy to see the 2nd born though.  Okay, there is always tomorrow.  Tuesday came and went with no run or cross training.  What the heck!  It has only been 4 weeks since my last run.  So easy to take a break and so hard to get started again.  Why is that?  I decided an early morning run this week was not going to happen unless the temps where above 30 degrees.  After work it will be.  All day I was thinking about my run that was going to happen. I love that feeling!  Got home and changed into my running gear, time to get into the zone!  Did a warm up walk, stretched and then off I went.  I figured 3 miles was the goal.  The weather was perfect 52 degrees and no wind.  I had a great run, 3 miles in 29.25.  I even wore my new hat without the light on.   Happy Running!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you were able to get your run in!

Anonymous said...

It is really hard to get started again after taking a break. I was hurt in August and I remember my first few weeks coming back and it was brutal.

Average Woman Runner said...

Nice job getting out there. It's SO HARD (re-)establishing a routine. 'Tis the life of a working-running-mom-wife-housekeeper-etc! Keep plugging away at it and before you know it, you'll have that routine back (and the weather will get warmer!).