“The Miracle isn’t that I Finished, The Miracle is that I had the Courage to Start”

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Where did the time go.....

Are we really at the end of January?  Has it really been a week since my last post?  Where did the time go...

I have started my new training schedule this past Sunday along with trying to meet a deadline at work.  Yikes, this week has overwhelmed me.  Focus, Focus, Focus!  I have had the hardest time staying focused.  It must just be winter, well that's what I keep telling myself. 

                            What do you do to keep focused?


The weather was pretty tolerable, I feel for you runners North East of Texas.  I did not have to run on the mill at all this week.  My runs this week were all to be done nice and easy.  I am building up mileage on my legs and trying to set training paces.  So, I ran 2 miles  22.03 on Tuesday, 3 miles  32.02 on Wed and 2 miles 22.02 on Thurs. Friday was hecktic so NO run.  I did 6 miles 64.05 on Saturday.  All my runs felt pretty good.

 Coach Kelly is working on my training schedule for next month.  I have been doing self coaching since I came back to running.  And I think I am doing a pretty good job.  But you know it is so easy to get confused with everything you read.  Especially when you are ready to step up your game and not really sure how to do it.  So I am thrilled to have someone else telling me what I need to be running and at what pace.  Thank you Coach Kelly!


How many of you Self Coach?
How is working for you?
Would you ever consider a Running Coach?



4 comments:

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

I totally would love a running coach, but I rely on pre-prescribed plans now! :)

Great job on your mileage!!

Anonymous said...

I am having a tough time myself staying focused, especially with the husband now home frmo overseas. I don't want to do anything!

Michelle said...

I would love to work with a running coach! I got the chance to have a free 20-min session today with a coach from the IAWR - it was great to have someone to review my goals and training with!

MickiRuns said...

Great job with your runs!! I keep focused by always having a race on the calendar, but also knowing that getting out there makes me a better mom.

I guess I self coach, but more so because I don't know what I'm doing!!!! I would for sure love a running coach :)

mickiruns.wordpress.com