“The Miracle isn’t that I Finished, The Miracle is that I had the Courage to Start”

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Virtual Freezing My Thorns Off 5k

Just finished my first virtual 5k with the blogging world. Can I get a Woo Hoo!  Thank you I am Boring  http://www.theboringrunner.com/  for putting this on.  I had a hard time getting motivated this morning. I kept looking at the temperature and the wind.  Here in Texas it was a whopping 35.6 degrees with 15mph wind, felt like 26. Or maybe it was the half bottle of chocolate wine I drank last night.  Yes, they do make chocolate wine and it is delish.  I put the running gear on and out the door I went.   Really wasn't too bad, even when I had to run into the wind.   Finished in 30.43!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WooHoo! Congrats! Way to brave the weather!

The Boring Runner said...

Sorry I'm just now commenting on this....

Nice work out there! I'm glad I could be that little lick to get you out the door. Great job!